Chevron 21st Century Media Center
Will Rogers Middle School offers its teachers and students many opportunities to use technology in the learning process. The following technology resources are currently available.
- Our two dedicated school computer labs feature 35 Mac Mini desktop computers each and are designed for student use. Teachers sign up their classes to use the labs to participate in a variety of technology related assignments using these computers. The computer lab (room 28) and the library / media center are also open to students during lunchtime and after school many days.
Portable devices in the classroom:
- Rogers has 13 sets of Chromebooks for use in classrooms. Students will be able to use their Lawndale Elementary School District provided Google accounts to research, publish, communicate, collaborate, create and participate in a wide variety of projects and activities to help build 21st Century skills.
- Rogers has 3 iPad carts for use in classrooms. Utilizing quality educational apps, iPads help ensure that learning is fun and exciting while meeting the needs of our 21st century learners.
- With funding from the Enhancing Education Through Technology (EETT) grant, students may also have access to one of three classroom sets of MacBook laptops to assist in learning math content.
- Nearly all Language Arts, Math, Science, History, and 6th grade teachers at Rogers have an interactive whiteboard in their classroom. These boards have been made possible in part by the Enhancing Education Through Technology (EETT) grant along with other local funding sources. Interactive boards are used to enhance the learning environment by giving teachers a tool to create dynamic and highly interactive lessons.
Chevron 21st Century Media Center:
- Our school library / media center has been updated thanks to a generous donation from the Chevron Corporation. Chromebook computers are available for student use in the library media center. Collaborative research, interactive lessons and student led presentations are easily facilitated using this modern, 21st century learning space.