The counselors have many resources in place to help students reach their academic potential. These resources include lunchtime tutoring, academic counseling groups and individual academic progress monitoring. We recognize the importance of communication with parents to ensure academic success. In addition to the the 6 week progress report/ report cards, the counselors provide parent guidance with the student planner, incentive charts, and the grade portal on the computer. We encourage parents to contact the counselors for conferences regarding student progress and developing a plan for success.
Will Rogers Middle School and the Lawndale School Board believes that a diploma from Rogers indicates 3 years of successful progress indicated by the completion of 6th, 7th and 8th grade requirements.
Graduation Requirements include;
· Academic - maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
· Citizenship- accumulates no more than 5U’s in citizenship during the 8th grade year with no more than 2 U’s occurring in the last trimester.
· Has not been suspended for more than 5 days during the 8th grade year.
· Has not been suspended from school the week of or on the day of graduation.
· Has not been expelled or pending expulsion.
· Is not on home study, in community school or on a half-day schedule for disciplinary reasons.
· Has cleared all outstanding school debt (textbook fees, library fees, physical education fees, fundraiser fees)
· Has not broken a SARB (School Attendance Review Board) contract during 8th grade.